Saturday 10 May 2014

Increasing Frequency....

I have decided to switch from a 3-4 day a week routine to that of a minimalistic high frequency model of training, inspired by Greg Nuckols' Max everyday article, found here (Maxing on Squats and Deadlifts Every Day), Damien Pezzuti article, (HOW TO: HIGH FREQUENCY AND INTENSITY TRAINING FOR POWERLIFTING).  Both inspired by John Broz method of training.
I have used this method before with good results, even when training with an injury.


This last week I have squatted and benched for 6 days straight. While dropping weight (over 1 kg) I have increased my squat from a difficult 150kg x 3 to an easy 160kg x 3 followed by a easy 170kg x 1.  I back squatted only 5 days with a front squat on the 2nd day, each back squat day I worked up to a single adding 2.5kg each session.

For my deadlift training I have decided to take some ideas from Tom Martin, a incredibly strong lifter who utilises high frequency training.
So over the week I will do 3 deadlift training days:
Day 1) Deficit DL (3" Box) to a single 1 @8-9 RPE
Day 3) RDL/SLDL 1x3-5 @8-9
Day 5) Rack DL 1@8-9, increasing rom over weeks leading to a pull from the floor a few weeks before the meet.

If I feel like it I will do additional pulls, such as speed deads (which I did today), power cleans, etc

I will be using this method leading up to the meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment