Saturday 10 May 2014

F*ck it I'm back...

After 3 months of bodyweight only exercises I have decided to start a 10 week training cycle leading up to the YNE Classic powerlifting comp.

The bodyweight routine I used ran over 4 days/week working the whole body in each session.
To that bent, I have decided to continue with a full body routine 4 days a week.

Mon - Squat, Press, PC->HP, Weighted Chins
Tue - Dips, ring rows or curls, powershrug and GM
Wed - run/walk/nothing
Thur - Squat (possibly diff var), HSPU/press, PC->HP, Pullups
Fri - Bench,  ring rows or curls, powershrug and GM
Sat - long walk, active recovery etc
Sun - Rest

In case you're wondering, the pulling part of my program is taken from Bill Starr's no deadlift program.
Not sure if it will work...as I always deadlifted prior to a comp. But the total to qualify for the British Classic, is only 545kg, so even if my dead doesnt move, or drops, I can easily pull 240kg.

If this routine is too much to recover from, I will prob switch to his traditional method of program layout,
to wit - HLM.
Mon - Squat, BP, PC->HP, HSPU
Wed - Sq, GM, Press, Dips
Fri - Sq, Power Shrug, BP
Rotating reps and sets weekly

Anyway for the meet my planned attempts will prob be:

Squat - 160, 180, 200-210
BP - 120, 130, 140-150
DL - 220, 240, 260-270

My lifts havent increased since last comp (a year ago) But have had a few injuries from american football (dislocated right shoulder, messed up right elbow, left knee damage (from three 140kg fat bastards trying to sweep the leg)) and so on.
Plus have been cutting for 2 months or so, from 106kg to 96kg so far. Will continue for another month, while re-building strength, and tolerance to weights again.
Plan to cut to 7% bf and hold it there. Will prob try to compete in the 105kg class, so can gain some weight for the British, otherwise the 93kg class, I will be struggling to maintain that weight.

British Projected attempts in October-
Prob
squat - 220-240kg
bp - 150-160kg
Dead - ~285-290kg

at around 95kg bw.









No comments:

Post a Comment